Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Don't Cry Wolf........

Jim and I took a ride to Vernal yesterday to look at a Tent Trailer we saw advertised for sale. It was a long unproductive ride, as when we got there the crazy thing had been built in Texas, and did not have a heater in it.( The lady neglected to tell us that on the phone) Since I nearly froze up Huntington Canyon on our Family Reunion, we knew I needed a heater and didn't want to go thru the hassle of installing one. ANYWAY..... on the way back I mentioned to Jim that I had brought my new book with me that I had been reading and that the author lived in Duchesne.
Those of you that know Clair M. Poulson, know that he is a Duchesne native.
Anyway, in the back of the new book it said that he was helping his son out at his store, A L Foodtown. So Jim proceeds to say. " Let's stop and meet him." HA HA you know me, not on your life would I do something like that. But as we pulled into town, Jim drives into the parking lot and says " I will not leave town without seeing him." So I said " Take my book", and in he went. I thought someone had gobbled him up , as so many people came and went, and still no Jim. Well, let me tell you what an awesome guy Clair is, he was not at work that day, had been in the store earlier and had gone home . So the girl at the desk said ,"Just let me call him. ' He CAME BACK to the store, and autographed my book. Jim told him how much I liked his books, and that his was the only books Kristin would read. He also told him to keep writing. Clair said, " That is what I was doing when they called me." Can you imagine, he stopped writing, to come sign my book!!!
I can't wait to read his new one, now I will be thinking the whole time, " is this where he stopped to come sign my book?" I know, I am nuts. But it made the trip more productive. Although, the best part, was just spending the day with my Sweeti. Thanks Jim , for doing that for me.

7 comments:

Butterfields said...

I can't believe that you would push someone down the stairs for a laugh...AND you will not even go into a store to get a book signed by one of your favorite writers.... who are you??? and what did you do with my MOM !!!! HEHEHEHE......

PJ and Me said...

I AM SOOOO JEALOUS!!! I love Clair Poulson. I just looked on the net and realized I do not have "Conflict of Interest" and "Point of Impact". What book are you reading? (The one you got signed) I am so excited for you too, and I would never push you down the stairs for this. Hahahaha Can't wait to hear all about it, Love ya!!!

Lehigrams said...

I have read all of his, I had both of those books, but I let a girl in the ward take them and she never returned them. I am reading Don't Cry Wolf it is about Montana and the wolves coming up from Yellowstone and killing the cattle and what happens......

PJ and Me said...

When did that one come out? I will have to order "Conflict of Interest", "Point of Impact" and "Don't cry wolf" in the internet. I love his books. I am glad you got to meet him. Did he say what book he was writing now?

Lehigrams said...

No, he didn't give Jim a title. That husband of mine is so funny.
Anything that he thinks I would like, he sure tries to do for me.
He is awesome.

PJ and Me said...

Isn't it fun to have a great husband...I have one myself.

court :D said...

hey grammy! i just got 2 david lanz piano books, and in one of them is cristofori's dream, but it's the version you have on your blog!! it's so pretty, and i love playing it. it's a bit of a challenge, but i can play it! i'm so excited to start learning some of his other songs. i love you, and happy late anniversary!