Sunday, December 14, 2008

Retiring...................

Last Thursday the State had a retirement luncheon for Jim. They presented him with a plaque and he gave a little speech. It was very nice, and the guys were lined up, out the door to come and visit with him. Joe, and Todd, with Colt came and ate with us. It was nice to have some family there. Everyone else had to work. I had so many guys come over and talk to me and tell me what a great guy Jim was, and how much they thought of him. One guy said " Jim was the best person in all of UDOT's mangagement. That he did more for his guys than anyone else." Steve Acerson made him a walking stick, it is really cool.
It was a little sad to see all those years come to an end, but since Jim can't stand to sit around idle, he is on to a new profession, and I know he will make a great teacher at UVU. We went down and got his ID card for the school and met with some of the guys he will be working with, they all seem like a great bunch.
Of Course, I had pictures of this also , that I can't upload, I will keep trying.

1 comment:

PJ and Me said...

Congrats to Uncle Jim. Wow, you are such an inspriation. I am sure those guys will never forget you and the students you will soon meet will be touched by your spirit. Way to go!!!!!