Thursday, November 13, 2008

PREPARED........

Last night I went to a Relief Society
meeting where we learned a new thing about food storage. I know we all have storage, usually huge quantities in a bucket. But we learned to make a "Meal in a Bag" ( don't you like our cute bags, our leader got them at a halloween sale at Wal Mart). You just put everything it takes to make a meal, plus the recipe in the bag and then when you need it, it is ready to go. She said you need to figure out about 14 meals your family likes and then make up enough to last you how
ever long you want to supply for. I made
two Creamy chicken soup meals, and 2
Beef Stroganoff meals. I think that it is really cool. I am going to try to make some more to put in my storage. She said you could also grab one for a Bridal
Shower ( just not in a Halloween Bag Please) or on a night you haven't figured out what to eat, just grab a bag. Or if your not home or sick, your family could do it, as it has the recipe there. Cool Huh.







1 comment:

PJ and Me said...

Okay, you forgot to post the recipes, that is a cute idea.