Monday, October 6, 2008

Sunday Afternoon ride.........

Sunday afternoon Jim and I decided to go for a ride.
It had been stormy all day, but Jim said if we rode up
Provo Canyon, and didn't go too high it would be nice.
Of course, Bridal Veil Falls was one stop on our trip, it
is always pretty there.

As you can see, the blue sky was starting to peek
through. The leaves have turned some, but they
are not very vibrant this year, they say it is because
we didn't get enough water.
These pictures were taken up Squaw Peak, but
this one was across the canyon toward Timp. You
can see the snow level. BRRRRR ... Jim and I
decided we were not ready for winter yet!
Pretty contrast with the billowing white clouds
and the crisp blue sky.

Some of the clouds were still pretty black.
I think it was still snowing up there!!!!

Just a shot of the valley floor below us as we
stopped at the lookout. There were a lot of people
up there. We were listening to the afternoon session
of conference and figured some of them were also
doing that as we took in the beauty that God has
blessed us with.

4 comments:

PJ and Me said...

What beautiful pictures and what a way to listen to confrence. I love the fall leaves, I guess I am like my mom that way.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robbin's Diet Blog said...

If you are heading to Price at all I was wondering if you would put some fake fall leaves or if you have real ones on moms grave for me. She loved the leaves. Let me know and I will pay you. Thanks

Lehigrams said...

Last year I took some and put on her and my folks. But, I don't think I will be going down anytime soon. I brought a bunch home the day we took the pictures because we are having a primary dinner tomorrow night and I wanted them to decorate with. They will look so pretty. We are getting a big storm in this weekend and they seem to think with the wind and all there will not be any more leaves left. Sorry.