Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Grandma Great's Memories

In Grandma Great's last year she recited a poem for
me that she had learned in 1st Grade. I thought it fit
with this picture of McCrae and Sadie.
Come little leaves said the wind one day,
Come over in the meadow with me and play,
Put on your dresses of red and gold,
For summer has gone and the days turned cold.
Soon as the leaves heard the winds loud call,
Down they came fluttering one and all,
Dancing and playing the little leaves went,
For Summer is gone and the leaves are content.

2 comments:

Shani said...

Look how short Sadie's hair is!! Thanks for the fun pictures and the fun memoory of Grandma Great.

PJ and Me said...

I think you are talking about grandma Starich. I loved how she always had cute little quotes. Wendi and I love to collect quotes, I think Jen is doing that as well. Cute kids!!!